The "Steak" Burger Experiment

I probably think about food more than I should sometimes but occasionally that thinking pays off and a yummy dish is born.  In this situation, I had bought some "mock" tenderloin from the local grocery.  It is a new steak that they carry that is pretty darn good and very reasonably priced.  I wasn't in a steak kind of mood the next day when it was time to grill, so I decided to finely dice the steaks up and make my own Steakburger!   



It may not be the prettiest thing, but the resulting flavor was wonderful!  This was just shy of one pound of steak.  I made a couple of patties with just the steak, then I added a pack of ground beef that was a little over a pound and pattied the other steak in with it to make a comparison.  I added some Lawry's and Cavendar's to the meat before patty-ing.



These were my patties.  I made the steak smaller because I knew it would not shrink up like the ones with regular hamburger mixed in. 




Just about ready to flip!   I like to only flip them once if I can.  Mine was the MINI steak burger at the top.  I was eating it on a Hawaiian bun, so this was just right to fit.  

Here is Eric's double burger.   I put one steak patty and one burger/steak patty, cheddar and Swiss cheese, onion, mayo/Miracle Whip mixed, ketchup, tomato (one of my last from the garden...boo hoo), and lettuce.



And my MINI steak burger.  Hawaiian sweet bun, strong Irish cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a large slab of avocado.   I don't eat burgers very often because of my cholesterol, but I absolutely  loved this little burger!!!   I mean really really loved it.  :)



Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts