Honey cilantro salmon....

I was a little skeptical about this salmon. 
  I have never used cilantro with fish, and also...
I am not the biggest fan of honey.

But, it got rave reviews on the Allrecipes.com site, so I thought I would give it a shot.

It was very simple, and I got to try some of my homegrown cilantro from my herb garden.   My cilantro seems to be growing better than any of my other herbs, so I guess it likes rain since we just got over 4 inches in 2 days.


For each piece of salmon, you will need..

1 small bunch of cilantro chopped
2 cloves of garlic diced
2 T honey
2 T lemon juice

Add the 4 ingredients to a small skillet and heat on medium low for about 3-4 minutes until all is mixed well.
Let it cool just a bit.

Spray a small oven dish with nonstick spray and add the salmon with the skin side down.  Top with the cilantro mixture and place it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.


Preheat the oven to 425 and cook the salmon for 15-20 minutes.



The result...very interesting flavor, but
this was not my flavor.
I love salmon and ate it anyway, but I will not be making this again for myself.

If you love honey and/or cilantro, you should really try this.  I could tell that it would be good if someone had a 
different taste preference than me.
There are many flavors I like more than others.  For example, I love soy sauce and don't really care for worchestershire.  

As I have gotten older, I have tried to make myself try new flavors.  I have 
often found flavors that I thought 
I wouldn't like, yet I ended up loving.
So, I always keep experimenting...I just don't always make things twice.  

Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts