In a sammich kind of mood

For some reason, since vacation, I have been in a sandwich kind of mood.

It might have been mainly because I had bought a huge loaf of ciabatta bread, and it was lying on the counter screaming...eat me!  It was such a pretty loaf.   

The first sandwich I made was tilapia with a sour cream dill sauce and sliced grape tomatoes.  


The tilapia was a beautiful filet that I had bought at the Farmer's Market.
I just seasoned it with a little salt and pepper and lightly fried it in a tiny bit of olive oil.

For the sauce, I mixed a couple of tablespoons of fat free sour cream, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, black pepper and some dill weed.  I just sliced a few grape tomatoes on top because I looove tomatoes.  I sliced my crusty ciabatta bread and toasted it lightly.

This was a messy but yummy sandwich!

The next sammich has marinated chicken tenders on it.


The marinade was one I found in a cooking magazine that I had.  I altered the ingredients to take out some of the fat, it originally called for 1/2 cup of oil.   

The ingredients I used were:

1/2 cup dry white wine
3 minced garlic cloves
2 T olive oil
2 T chopped fresh basil
1/2 t dried oregano
2 T lemon juice
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t red pepper flakes

Mix the marinade well and reserve 2 T for a sauce.  Add 4 chicken breasts or 8 tenders to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  The longer it sits, the more it absorbs the flavors.

For the sauce, add the 2 T of marinade and mix with 3 T fat free sour cream and one more squeeze of lemon juice.

Lightly fry the chicken in a bit of olive oil until done.  I used tenders and they only took about 3-4 minutes per side.

Toast up 2 slices of your favorite bread and top with what your heart desires.  I used shredded lettuce, tomatoes, fresh parsley, and some of the sour cream sauce.  


Once again, this one was messy, but yummy!!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!












Comments

Popular Posts