Super low calorie...Shirataki noodle experiment!


I have been reading Hungrygirl.com for years now and have always wanted to try the Shirataki tofu noodles that she raves about...I finally got my chance.

My parents and I made a trip to Memphis this past Sunday to see my precious aunt in the hospital and on the way home, we stopped at the Farmer's Market.

I had never been and I LOVED the huge variety of food that they had.

One of the new things that I decided to buy and try was the Shirataki noodles.  The cool thing about these noodles is the fact that they have 40 calories as compared to the same regular noodles that would have about 200 calories.


The BIG question for me was....are they good?

For me, the answer was YES!

Although, you really have to pay attention to the cooking process in order to make them enjoyable.

First, drain and rinse them very well.
Then, cook them in the microwave for 1 minute.
Next, pat them dry with a paper towel.
Then cook them for 30 more seconds in the microwave.

They looked like this after cooking....


For my sauce, I used 2 T of fat free cream cheese and 2 T of fat free sour cream warmed slowly in the microwave.  Then add 1 t of chicken broth or a small bullion cube dissolved in 1/4 cup water.  I also added some new all purpose seasoning that I purchased recently and a dash of garlic powder.   

I had just cooked a whole chicken on the grill, so I added about 3/4 cup of chicken breast.

With a large slice of toasted ciabatta bread that I got at the Farmer's Market, I absolutely loved it!   I am very glad I bought 4 packages of the noodles.   :)


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts