Here is a picture of my burger!
Okay, if you want to try to make this one, here are some of my details.
- I made my own sauce with just tossing the ingredients together, but it was something along the lines of...3 T Miracle Whip or mayo, 2 T ketchup, 1 T pickle relish, and a dash of sugar. Or you can use 1000 Island, it seems very similar.
- Toast the tops of the buns, then butter the inside and brown them in a skillet.
- Use a cast iron skillet to fry the burgers. They will require 2 patties each. While the first side is frying, cover the raw sides with mustard.
- Only flip once. After flipping, and when 2nd side is almost done, slide a few thin slices of onion under the burger.
- Cover each patty with a slice of cheese. Stack the patties with the onions in between.
- When loading, start with the bottom bun. Cover it with a little of the sauce, 3 dill pickle slices, tomato, lettuce, the burger patties with the onion in between, then the top bun.
- Wrap with paper to make the burger feel genuine. Grab a napkin. Enjoy! :)