My easy version of a Martha Stewart shiitake pizza..


I gotta say, I love Martha Stewart.  She makes some awesome things, but to me, she tends to overly complicate things.  She uses off the wall cooking terms that could be made much more user-friendly.  I have learned to read between the lines, and I made an awesome shiitake mushroom pizza inspired by her!

Here is the crust I used...I have tried this crust about 10 times and it has been awesome every time!


The directions on the pack work great.   This pizza was just for me, so I halved the pack and saved the rest in a Ziploc bag.


To begin, I cooked the crust for about 5 minutes on 400 until it was just puffy.  Then I sprayed the crust with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkled it nicely with granulated garlic.   Next, I spread about 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese over the crust.


I then added about a cup and a half of thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, a large sprinkle of chopped rosemary and a large handful of cheese.  I used a strong Irish cheese that I got at Sam's. I tend to like a strong stinky cheese...the smellier the better.  Strong cheese means tasty cheese!

The picture below shows the pizza topped and ready to go back in the oven on 400 for about 15-20 more minutes...


After cooking....here is the final deliciously easy product..I loved it, as always.  I confess.  I....love...food.   :)


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Here is Martha's pizza, just in case you want to be fancy.   :)



Martha Stewart Shiitake Mushroom Pizza.


  • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
  • 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
  • 1/4 recipe Pizza Dough
  • Semolina flour, for dusting
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese
  • 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
  • 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions

  1. Heat grapeseed oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
  2. Place a pizza stone (available at most kitchen-supply stores) on floor of a gas oven (remove racks) or bottom rack of electric oven. Preheat oven to at least 500 degrees for 1 hour.
  3. Shape dough into a round. Holding top edge of dough round in both hands, let bottom edge touch work surface. Carefully move hands around edge to form a circle, as if turning a wheel. Hold dough on back of your hand, letting its weight stretch it into a 12-inch round. Transfer dough to a pizza peel (or an inverted baking sheet) lightly dusted with semolina flour. Press out edges using your fingers. Jerk peel; if dough sticks, lift, and dust more flour underneath.
  4. Drizzle olive oil over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange cheeses evenly over olive oil. Top with cooked mushrooms and thyme leaves; season with salt and pepper.
  5. Heat oven to broil. Align edge of peel with edge of stone. Tilt peel, jerking it gently to move pizza. When edge of pizza touches stone, quickly pull back peel to transfer pizza to stone. (Do not move pizza). Broil until crust begins to bubble, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce temperature to 500 degrees, and bake until crust is crisp and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes more. (If not using broiler, bake pizza for 10 to 15 minutes total.) Remove pizza from oven using peel; drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Slice and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts