Tonight we decided to have a bonfire.  We have a burn pit that was full and needed to be burned, and the temperature outside was in the 50-60 degree range.  Perfect bonfire weather.  

I also had scored 4 awesome New York Strip steaks from the meat sale at Foodrite, and it was time to grill.  I was going to freeze a couple of the steaks but decided instead to experiment on the neighbors.

I cook for Eric all the time.  Almost 6 days a week sometimes.  I decided that I wanted to entertain and cook for someone else too.  Eric is good about bragging about my cooking.  He makes no qualms about making me think I just cooked the best meal that he ever has eaten in his whole life, almost every time.  Sometimes though, I think the love could be beer induced.   :)



Bring in the neighbors.  Two very well traveled men.  It is a bit intimidating to cook for someone who has eaten in many other countries, but I was really in a cooking mood.  The menu ended up being New York Strip steaks, baked potatoes and ricotta cheese stuffed peppers.   The peppers were given to me today by a friend.   The are called Fiesta Bell Peppers and are similar to bell peppers, but a little smaller and spicier.  


The neighbors brought some garlic bread that was awesome!   It went perfect with the whole meal.  I cooked the steaks medium to the neighbors' liking, and we had a nice meal and conversation. 
Although the peppers were experimental, they turned out good.  

Thanks to my friend Joey for bringing the peppers to me.  I saved the seeds and will hopefully be growing my own next year.  I know they will be wonderful in meatloaf and other dishes requiring bell peppers.  They are bells just spicier, but not too spicy.  

To cook the peppers, I cored them and boiled them in a pan of water for about 6-8 minutes.  I then stuffed them with a mixture of ricotta, diced onion, shredded white cheese and Greek seasoning.  I baked them at 400 for about 20-25 minutes.  They were tasty!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)


Comments

Popular Posts