My favorite meal ever...roasted asparagus and salmon


When it comes to veggies, there is really no easier or tastier way to cook them...you gotta roast 'em.   I have tried quite a few that I can think of....carrots, zucchini, green beans, asparagus, sugar snap peas, cabbage, white potatoes, celery, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash.   I am sure I have forgotten some, but one thing I know is that they have all been wonderful!

If you have someone who doesn't want to eat their vegetables, roasting is your best bet.

Tonight, I am roasting asparagus.  It is one of my all time favorites.  If I go out to a restaurant, I order double asparagus as my veggie, almost every time.  The only time I get a different veg is when they don't have asparagus.   I will also be grilling salmon and making a garlic dill white wine sauce for both.


I typically use a minimum amount of spices when roasting.  Basically, salt and pepper is all you need.  I do put just a sprinkle of Greek seasoning on them also, but really less is more when roasting.   The flavor comes from the crispy little edges and charred spots that will develop while roasting.  That is really all the flavor you need.

I actually had never used ginger before, and I grated just a bit on top of the asparagus.  It didn't make a big taste difference.  I will have to use it in other recipes to experiment a little further, to see if I like it.

Before going into the oven...400 degrees for about 20 minutes...


After roasting...


After adding some shredded strong Irish cheese...


The sauce I made involved no butter.  I try to not use butter due to its high fat and calorie count.  I used chicken bullion, fat free sour cream, a little white wine and dill.  I heated it all slightly in the microwave, and it turned out yummy!

The salmon and asparagus together...


And time to eat...


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts