My perfectly yummy avocado pizza.


Sometimes I decide what to cook, just by one ingredient I happen to have bought and need to use.  Enter little Mr. Avocado...

I got the avocado about 3 days ago.   Our local grocer always has the greenest, unripe avocados known to man.   They have to sit at least 3 days to be ready to eat, sometimes more.   Today I realized, it is time to eat this one!

I always have a ready to make pizza crust in the cabinet.  Just add water and it is ready to go.  I feel a avocado pizza coming on...

I couldn't decide whether to put the avocado on before cooking or after.  I looked at alot of photos, and they were about half and half.  I actually like warm avocado, so I opted for cooking the little green egg.

The avocado to me, is just a beautiful thing...looks kinda like a green egg with a big brown hard yolk.   I love eggs too, so it works for me.


I used this crust...for my personal size, I half it.   


And the toppings...
I used one of my LAST home grown tomatoes and some of my basil.   There is nothing in the world like being able to pick your own grown stuff!



I made the crust and cooked it for about 5 minutes at 450 degrees before adding the toppings.  I started with adding the tomatoes to the crust.  Gave them a large sprinkle of granulated garlic.  Topped the tomatoes with some shredded basil pieces.  Then added several dollops of ricotta scattered around.   Next came the avocado slices, another dash of garlic, and some shaved Parmesan cheese.

I baked it at 450 for about 15 minutes.  Just use your judgement and cook it to your desired brownness.  It was EXACTLY what I was craving.   LOVE when that happens!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts