Sweet potato FRIES!

My SUPER gardening friend recently brought me some sweet potatoes.  We are not talking a couple of TATERS.  I am talking about approximately 75 pounds of sweet potatoes.  The good thing is that they will keep for months.  Another good thing is that I LOVE sweet potatoes!  

I have already been eating baked sweet potatoes with sour cream and a tad bit of butter.  I am also looking forward to eating some candied sweet potatoes that I will be cooking with some brown sugar and a bit of maple syrup.  Tonight though, I decided on some  baked sweet potato fries.   Oh yeah!  And they were sooo good.  

Sweet potatoes are actually really healthy too!  They are loaded with vitamins.  Baking them with a little bit of oil, instead of frying them in a bunch of oil, makes them even more healthy.  No need to add the extra fat and calories, just bake them!

I decided to try two types of tater, stick and slices.  Here are the cut pieces...


In order to bake fries, I have learned that you need to preheat the pan in the oven with your oil already on the bare pan and get it sizzling.  I heated the oven to 425 degrees and put a light drizzle of oil on 2 cookie sheets.  Let the pans sit in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until the oil is heated very well.  Carefully spread the sweet potatoes on each cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Greek seasoning.  Return to the oven.

I checked the potatoes about every 6-8 minutes.  Shake the pan well and make sure there are no hot spots or burning fries.  After about 20 minutes, you can flip the fries to cook the other side.  They will need to cook about 40-50 minutes, depending on how crispy you would like them to be.  Just keep and eye on them and use your judgement.  :)


The potatoes turned out super tasty and pretty crisp.  Next time, I will only make the stick fries.   The slices were not as crisp and were harder to cook evenly.  Both were super tasty, but the stick sweet potato fries won my heart.  :)

I also made mini steak burgers on Hawaiian sweet buns.  They were A-mazing.   I bought a sirloin steak and chopped it with a large knife.   The results are amazing.  It is like making your own hamburger meat, but it is a steakburger.   After chopping, I mixed in some steak seasoning and salt.  I charcoal grilled the burgers.  This is my second try at this, and both times I was super impressed with the flavor!  


Here is my avocado steak burger with the flash.  Really brings out the colors.   It was Delicous!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts