Delicious diet food. Catfish and cabbage.

Diet food does not have to taste bad.  You just have to eat the right foods and cook them right.

Enter cabbage...one of the very low calorie veggies out there.

I chopped half a head of cabbage and fried it in a skillet with only cooking spray.  After it fried a little, I added a chicken bullion cube dissolved in 3/4 cup of water and let it cook down a bit.  Medium heat.



For a bit of extra vitamins, I added about 1/2 of an apple diced really fine.


Cook it down until it is nice and wilted, looking kinda like this..


While the cabbage was cooking, I seasoned my catfish filets with Greek seasoning and threw them on my hot grill.  You can easily use tilapia or whatever fish is handy.


Here they are just grilling and smelling good.   They will cook about 5-6 minutes per side.  The flesh will turn white as it cooks.


Top the cabbage with the fish and dig in to your guilt free meal!


My camera threw in some neat flame streaks here...thought it was cool  :)




Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

  1. We love cooked cabbage. I'll have to try cooking it with the apple next time. That sounds really good! You know all us southern girls usually have that fattening mayo slaw and hush puppies with our catfish, but if we all tried your version we might stay skinny like you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple did sweeten it a bit, which I liked. :) I love fried catfish, fries and hushpuppies, Evette! They just don't love me back. :/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts