Gigantic shrimp and creamy pasta shells!


I have had these tricolor pasta shells for some time now 
and have just been dying to try them.
  I also incorporated some recently purchased JUMBO shrimp into the pasta and I mean
 JUMBO!

 Just look at 'em compared to a banana...


So to make this lightened up creamy pasta, here were my ingredients.


I boiled a cup of the dry noodles according to the package.  They were spinach and tomato shells.  Drained them well and then added the cream sauce below...

I mixed about a teaspoon of the chicken bullion with about a half cup of water and heated it for about 30 seconds in the microwave to dissolve it. I then added about 2 tablespoons each of the fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese.  You may need to heat it again for a few seconds, but just stir it well until it is creamy and add a big dash of Greek seasoning.  Then add to the drained noodles.

For the shrimp, I sprinkled them with garlic powder and sauteed them in a skillet with just a few drops of olive oil until they were lightly browned, then added them to the pasta and cream.

The fresh spinach was a last minute addition. I just sauteed it for a few minutes until it wilted down good and added it to my pasta and shrimp.  

Delicious and very low calorie for the yumminess you get.  No need to add heavy cream or other fatty stuff.


Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)



Comments

Popular Posts